It is amazing – 2019 is just around the corner! Hard to believe, but babies born in Y2K are now leaving home for college. All the extra space (and privacy) can also show just how dated that teens bathroom has become. Time to remodel! At Rise Above we follow the most recent trends in remodeling to ensure that your home is truly up to date and beautiful. Before renovating your bathroom in Phoenix AZ, consider these 2019 bathroom trends: Water spaces, vintage vibes, wooden furnishing, Italian inspired accents and more. Check out the ten best kept bathroom remodeling design ideas below.
- Expansion- Nowadays, the bathroom is not only used for hygiene, it’s also a place for beauty and relaxation. We need space to feel comfortable and fresh. So, if it is possible, why not expand it? Expansion can happen by taking up some of the space from another room (like an unused closet). The expansion can also be in the form of clearing out space, such as moving the washer and dryer to a different location in your home. If enlarging your bathroom is not possible, try to opt for ‘optical illusions’. For instance, tile your floor with bigger tiles so that the room looks bigger. Plus, bigger tiles mean less joints, which in turn means less dust accumulation. Not only will your bathroom look bigger, but it will also seem cleaner!
- Vintage Design- A vintage design seems to be all the hype for the coming year, even in bathroom decor. Vintage mirrors or unique light fixtures can certainly bring an interesting vibe to your private haven. You can also re-purpose an old dresser into a vanity. The entire look can be brought together with patterned ceramic tiles, or even by making gold-toned plumbing visible. If vintage is your thing, this bathroom trend is definitely timeless.
- Pops of Color- Earthy colors, grey tones, and white seem to be dominating this fashion. However, some are more daring and add a pop of color or patterned tiles to bring a more contemporary look to their bathroom. A clean and refined style remains a staple bathroom trend, no matter the time period.
- Patterns, textures, and shapes Oh My!-Bathroom tiling has been a thing for quite a while. Though, people are now opting for tiles of various shapes, patterns, embossing – either multicolored or monochrome. They’re even doing some patchwork to bring originality to their personal oasis. Ceramics and the occasional appearance of marble accents are very strong for this year, but there’s now a new kid on the bloc: Terrazzo tile! It’s a composite material consisting of marble, quartz, and other suitable material. From decorative accent pieces, to wall refacing, or even countertops or backsplashes. As for bathroom décor, this composite can be found mainly on shower floors – replacing the traditional porcelain tiling. This Italian style – with an infinite amount of color alternatives – definitely brings character to your bathroom!
- Bathroom Furnishings- You can oppose yourself to the monotonous vibe of your bathroom by playing with patterns on the floors or walls. You can also be original by breaking the linearity found in the bathroom’s furnishings. Asymmetrical shapes are becoming quite popular when it comes to the arrangement of cabinets, drawers and shelves. Though, be sure not to commit to this style too emphatically so as not to get bored too quickly. The best way to break monotony is to play with easy-to-replace accessories.
- Water Only Area- Creating a ‘water space’ is an increasingly popular concept. In this 2019 bathroom trend, both bathtub and shower are in the same open area of the bathroom. This innovative layout certainly allows the restroom to look much bigger than it is – with only a simple glass barrier, framed in either golden or dark tones, separating the water space from the rest of the bathroom.
- Storage- Rather than adding storage to your washroom, why not simply keep storage space you truly need. Bathroom cabinets tend to accumulate a great number of unused products. When’s the last time you really took the time to soak in your bathtub with all those fancy products, or even used that old hair straightener? Open storage areas – such as hanging shelves – can be ideal for daily essentials, all while keeping your bathroom looking unencumbered.
- Luxurious Powder Rooms- Does your powder room need a facelift? Because the surface area of a powder room is fairly small, you can budget in some more luxurious materials. Brightly colored wallpaper, or even lining the floors, walls, and ceiling with the same ceramic tiles, seem to also be a hit for these tiny rooms. We’ve even found some ingenious sink and vanity combinations made of marble or concrete. Make the most out of your storage space with by adding some cabinets or shelving at greater heights than you would in a bigger washroom.
- Techy Bathrooms- An increasing number of tech options are available for the bathroom. Mirrors with built-in LED lighting, motion detecting faucets, and even automatic temperature regulators are growing in popularity. As seen in some hotel bathrooms, mirror-integrated touchscreens are also becoming popular among the more tech-savvy population. Innovative heated towel racks are also being used – as opposed to radiators – to dry towels, as well as warm up the room. They also save space and keep the bathroom looking clutter free! We suggest hanging one above the bathtub for easy-access and to exploit an area of the room that often goes unused.
- Natural Materials- Wood has become increasingly present in this private space. Although not the most popular material for a wet room, more and more people are going for made-to-measure vanities and other furniture pieces for their bathroom made of wood. Consider using white for the wash basin to create a more Zen and Scandinavian sleek design. A hardwood creates an interesting contrast with the usual materials found in a bathroom. This different set of materials ends up turning a usual monochromatic color scheme even more relaxing and warm. Contrary to many people’s beliefs, this material breathes quit well and naturally absorbs moisture, making it a great option for the bathroom. However, it is necessary to wipe down any excess of water to avoid the wood’s deterioration over time.
The possibilities are endless! Have fun with these 2019 bathroom trends – you can even combine them to achieve the look you feel lights your fire the most.
Ready to get started? At Rise Above we are happy to help you make the right choices to create a bathroom that matches your personality. As with any major renovation project, sound planning is required. Several points should be considered before you start and you should take advantage of all the resources at your disposal. And remember, renovating your bathroom can give up to an 85% return on your investment.